The School Sisters of St. Francis saw the need for an energetic and active faith-community in the Montclare neighborhood of Chicago's Northwest side back in 1916. At the heart of that community was St. William Parish and School. Through the ups and downs of the 20th and early 21st century, various forms of leadership, and thousands of families and students, St. William Parish and School remains a beacon of light and hope in the Montclare neighborhood and greater-Chicago communities - continuously focusing their mission and philosophy on intellectual competence, an openness to growth, a commitment to teaching and living the Gospel messages, and a spirit of justice fostered in a love for all peoples.
A whole century later, St. William School may look a whole lot different, but at its core is still the same fortified message that was planted there over a hundred years ago. Since its beginning, St. William School constantly strives to meet the needs of our students to ensure they have the tools they need to succeed academically and spiritually in their education and beyond. Today, SWS is proud to serve a community of students and families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.